Featuring cherita!


May 22, 2009

Poetry Friday--YouTube Poetry

YouTube can be the world's biggest time waster, or it can be a pathway to new ideas. You don't have to be suckered into watching every crazy cat video, you know! (It may be physically impossible--I checked and there were "about 37,800" results when I did a "crazy cat" search.) On Poetry Friday you can view short videos of poets reading their work, introductions to writing poetry, and, animated poems. (My favorite animated poem is Billy Collins' "The Country".) The other day I found a trailer for a full-length haiku film! Who knew? Well, now you do!



HAIKU: The Art of the Short Poem, a film by Tazuo Yamaguchi, was filmed at 2007 Haiku North America (HNA) conference. The DVD is packaged with a book containing all the featured haiku, and is available for purchase here.

I attended HNA in 2001 when it was held in Boston. I was still too much of a newbie to actively participate, but I did enjoy the haiku immersion experience.

through walls
strangers alarms go off
much too early

© Diane Mayr, all rights reserved

Today, Susan Taylor Brown is hosting the Poetry Friday Round-Up at Susan Writes.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing this insightful look into the world of haiku!!
    I often go into my little sisters classrooms and teach haiku and other poetic expression...

    ReplyDelete