Featuring cherita!


August 28, 2010

"Bright Days of Justice"--Will We Ever See Them?

Here's my question for today--are there "bright days of justice" ahead for the United States?

We'll see what happens at the Restoring Honor 8.28.10 rally in Washington, but I doubt that the people there today "have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny," as Dr. King said of the "white brothers" who stood with him on August 28, 1963. Do you think we'll be able to work the kinks out of those ties? Sadly, these past 19 months have led me to think not.

2 comments:

  1. As the middle class sinks, the giant corporations rejoice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley! What kills me is that the middle class, in their misplaced anger, do not see the real enemy of their American dream--corporate greed and power. I find myself deep in the dumps these days. I fear we are doomed by our ignorance.

    ReplyDelete