Featuring cherita!


September 13, 2016

Haiku Sticky #375

Sunday dawned grey and stayed that way until several hours after the time that the planes struck. I was glad for the grey, it always upsets me when the sky is the same September blue it was 15 years ago. Irrationally, I think, the skies should never be blue on the anniversary of 9/11.


© Diane Mayr, all rights reserved.

I've used "grey" rather than "gray" here. With an "a" I get a warm feeling, an "e" strikes me as cold and hard. Do you use spelling to underpin a feeling or idea? I sometimes hyphenate a word that isn't normally hyphenated to give it additional meaning. Is this common among writers? What say you writers?

1 comment:

  1. its good to mourn, then healing comes with time, though rembrance is a bitter pill

    have a blessed day Diane

    much love...

    ReplyDelete