Featuring cherita!


August 3, 2009

Peace Is...

If you watch The Office then you're probably a fan of Rainn Wilson who plays Dwight Shrute.

Wilson is one of the people who launched Soul Pancake, a website that strives
to make discussions about Spirituality, Creativity, and Philosophy cool again. Were they ever cool? I have no idea. But it seems like a good idea. We want to engage the user to "Chew on Life’s Big Questions."
I was poking around the site last week and came upon a challenge:
In a world rife with war, achieving peace is one of those things that falls squarely in the "easier said, than done" category. What if one reason we haven't achieved it has to do with our differing definitions of what peace means?

Grab a Post-It note. Draw, scribble, or design your definition of peace. Snap a picture and upload the link
I had to accept the challenge. Peace is more than "the absence of war." This definition places war in a position of primary importance. We have to get away from a world defined by war! Here's my submission to the challenge:



If we would all live by the "Golden Rule," peace could be the only outcome. How would you define peace?

To create your own sticky note, click here.

I don't foresee myself taking part in many of the discussions on Soul Pancake because I am, afterall, nearing the age of being an "old fart." But, I will read it with hope in my heart that our youth will rise to the challenge of using their intellect! Education and intelligence are in again! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment