Featuring cherita!


April 5, 2017

NPM 2017 Progressive Poem


This is the place for day five of the NPM 2017 Progressive Poem. We're off to a great start with these four lines: (Supplied by Heidi, Tabatha, Dori, and Michelle.)

I'm fidget, friction, ragged edges—
I sprout stories that frazzle-dazzle,
stories of castles, of fires that crackle,
with dragonwords that smoke and sizzle.

But edges, sometimes, need sandpaper...

We all have permission to take a breath. Sometimes there's too much frazzle in the dazzle. Kat's up next. Will she sizzle or will she dawdle? No matter which way she takes the poem, it's sure to be fun! Twenty-five days from now we may have gone to infinity and beyond, and back again.

Here's who our peripatetic poem will be visiting during the month of April:

1 Heidi at my juicy little universe
2 Tabatha at The Opposite of Indifference
3 Doraine at Dori Reads
4 Michelle at Today's Little Ditty
5 Diane at Random Noodling HERE!
6 Kat at Kat's Whiskers
7 Irene at Live Your Poem
8 Mary Lee at A Year of Reading
9 Linda at TeacherDance
10 Penny at blog-a- penny-and- her-jots
11 Ramona at Pleasures from the Page
12 Janet F. at Live Your Poem
13 Margaret at Reflections on the Teche
14 Jan at Bookseedstudio
15 Brenda at Friendly Fairy Tales
16 Joy at Poetry for Kids Joy
17 Tricia at The Miss Rumphius Effect
18 Buffy at Buffy's Blog
19 Pat at Writer on a Horse
20 BJ at Blue Window
21 Donna at Mainely Write
22 Jone at Jone Rush MacCulloch
23 Ruth at There's No Such Thing as a Godforsaken Town
24 Amy at The Poem Farm
25 Robyn at Life on the Deckle Edge
26 Renee at No Water River
27 Matt at Radio, Rhythm and Rhyme
28 Michelle at Michelle Kogan
29 Charles at Poetry Time
30 Laura Purdie Salas at Writing the World for Kids

22 comments:

  1. Yowzers, Diane. You've pulled me up short from where I was thinking this might be headed. But I like it. A breather in the form of an unexpected diversion. Now I too am wondering what I will do... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could just be a random thought quickly dismissed if you wish to make it so!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, edges DO need sandpaper, don't they? I love all the sounds in this poem! Thank you!! What WILL Kat do?? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost everything can benefit from a little polishing!

      Delete
  3. I guess, like Kat, my mind now heads somewhere else with this. A great scene change, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since there are 25 more days, the scene can be changed in any number of ways!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, you gritty girl, you. Thanks for the rub! Can't wait to see where the oh-so-clever Kat takes it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I thought you were going to throw some rhyme at us, Diane! Instead you threw us some surprise... sandpaper. Whaaaa? Keeping us on our toes, I see. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was, until I remembered that rhyme and I aren't always on the best of terms.

      Delete
  6. Love the new direction--very smooth move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice, Diane! I think this might be my favorite poem of all the years! I think I say that every year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The Search for Sandpaper" by Woody Dragonwords

    Chapter 1
    A sapling of a kid, full of fidget and friction, smoke and sizzle, sought fire for heat and sand for smoothing ragged edges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You caught us, Diane, slowed it down a bit, allowing room for a new direction . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, indeed. Rough edges need sandpaper. Sandpaper needs rough edges. Perfecto. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Our beautiful poem was just ripe for some sandpaper!

    ReplyDelete