Featuring cherita!


March 21, 2011

Miscellaneous Stuff

The Kidlit4Japan auction to benefit the victims of the earthquake/tsunami disaster in Japan begins today. Check the page frequently over the next few weeks. I'll have signed copies of Littlebat's Halloween Story up for bid, and Apprentice Shop Books will have several books in the auction, also.

I want to mention that some of my haiku can be seen on the Turtle Light Press website. I entered their haiku chapbook competition last year, I didn't win, but TLP generously put up a bunch of losers' poems. (I say, "losers" with tongue firmly planted in cheek.) I'm in some pretty nice company! The winning chapbook, by Catherine J. S. Lee will be published next month.

Although it's a long way to cherry blossom time here in New Hampshire, the National Cherry Blossom Festival is right around the corner. It's one of my "bucket list" goals!

Here's a repeat haiga (first posted last year on a Poetry Friday):

© Diane Mayr, all rights reserved. Image courtesy Library of Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment