Featuring cherita!


February 10, 2012

Poetry Friday--15 Words or Less Poems

In honor of this week's Poetry Friday Round-Up hostess, Laura Salas, and her blog, I'm resurrecting some of the poems I wrote for her weekly 15 Words or Less Poems challenge.

These poems are all from 2011. I hope these stand alone without using the original photographs that inspired them:

March 10, 2011

Science Lesson

Spring sun...
my children watch
their pupils
constrict then close
their eyes again.


April 14, 2011

Life Aquarial

Up
down
walls of water
up
down
eat on schedule
up
down
neverending
up
down.


May 26, 2011

spring morning

i love to wake
to the sounds of birds--
hate eating breakfast
with a werewolf.


June 16, 2011

My Summer Vacation Revisited

A plastic bucket
in the back of the garage
spiderwebs, and mermaid's
purses still sandy.


July 14, 2011

Pedomancy

Paring with pumice,
slathering with lotions,
buffing, polishing, painting.
The future?
A prettier pain.


August 11, 2011

Wondering

I've never dreamt
of flying--an
imagination too
limited or a body too
heavily boned?


September 1, 2011

Dear Deity

Power, might,
vengeance!
Why must we
project our most
egregious faults
on our gods?

If you've never participated in Laura's weekly challenge, I highly recommend trying it next Thursday!

Visit Laura's blog for the Poetry Friday Round-Up!

Fish tank photo by PKMousie. Mermaid's purse photo by mmwm.

7 comments:

  1. I try to do the poems with Laura when I can find the time; the photos are so entrancing! I didn't see all the photos, so when I read yours, I am imagining what they must have been. Pedomancy? I love the words, but was it just a foot? There is much included in these 15 words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pedomancy was in response to the photo of the bottom of an elephant's foot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to see the 15WOL poems separated from the images. I think Life Aquarial is stupendous! I like all of these, but that one and the summer vacation one--those are my absolute favorites.

    Thanks for the shout-out--always fun to see new faces at 15WOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved "Pedomancy" and "Summer Vacation" - it's fun to experience the poems on their own without the visual, actually. Interesting that "Pedomancy" was in response to a poem about an elephant's foot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Summer Vacation" made me smile. Lots of my memories get hidden in the back of my brain's garage, and although they might have some cobwebs on them, when I run across them, the still have that freshness, that "sand" of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you going to join Ed DeCaria's March Madness? http://tinyurl.com/6wfbwsx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link. At first blush I'd have to say no to March Madness. I got a headache just trying to follow the whole seed explanation! It should be fun reading the entries, though.

    I signed up to participate in Spark, my first time, so I'm a little apprehensive. http://www.getsparked.org/

    ReplyDelete