Featuring cherita!


January 11, 2013

Poetry Friday--Ekphrastic Tanka

In November I wrote about an online anthology, Ekphrastic Tanka, edited by Patricia Prime. I included an example of my own ekphrastic tanka, which I never got around to submitting. I have yet another in my files to share with you today.

The painting is by Gustav Klimt, "Adele Bloch-Bauer I" (1907).

© Diane Mayr, all rights reserved. Art courtesy ibiblio.org.

Here's the text alone:
the use of gold
is no replacement for
inner glow
our time would have been
better spent laughing
She doesn't look happy, nor healthy with all that gold, does she? Poor Adele.

The Poetry Friday Round-Up for today is taking place at No Water River. Stop by and say hello to Renee!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you pulled this one out of your files! Fits perfectly with the artwork, or without!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem! Thank you for sharing it with us today. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Diane! I always love your ekphrastic offerings. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone. Ekphrasis is addictive! And, with so much art available through the internet, you can never run out of inspiration pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. I ADORE the way you find/pick the perfect art!

    ReplyDelete