Featuring cherita!


February 2, 2020

Happy Haiga Day!

I participated in another Spark postcard exchange created by Amy Souza (see label on right for more about Spark) during the month of January. I've been feeling a bit downhearted of late with the continuing decline of decency in this country, especially with regard to he whose-name-shall-not-be-mentioned, and his drink-the-Kool-Aid followers, so, I decided to create my postcards around the theme of laughter. I think it's the only thing that'll get us through 2020 and beyond.

There were 4 exchangees this time. I wrote haiku for three of the postcards, and a cherita for the fourth.


© Diane Mayr, all rights reserved.

Text:

waking to the sun
she laughs herself silly
over yesterday



© Diane Mayr, all rights reserved.

Text:

grandpa laughs
at the little one's joke
...again and again



© Diane Mayr, all rights reserved. Painting, "Katri Smiling," by Helene Schjerfbeck.

Text:

sisters in the tub
as many giggles as
soap bubbles



© Diane Mayr, all rights reserved.

Text:

in black and white

they punctuate
their sentences with laughter

these BFFs
from a time before BFFs
were a "thing"

No comments:

Post a Comment