Featuring cherita!


April 30, 2021

Ekphrastic April, Day 30: "Two Sleeping Cats"

I'm going to end my 4th annual National Poetry Month series of ekphrastic cherita with a cat painting  by Wanda Gág, author and illustrator of one of my favorite picture books, Millions of Cats.



"Two Sleeping Cats" (1928) by Wanda Gág [1893-1946].


a pat of butter melting
on a slice of hot toast

a sleeping cat

a Saturday morning 
with a cup of coffee 
and nowhere else to be

 

© Diane Mayr, all rights reserved.

5 comments:

  1. Once in a while, we still read Millions of Cats, definitely one to remember. You've shown my Saturday, too, Diane. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see the old classics are still being read. Have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  2. Diane, I regret not visiting at all during April. This is a wonderful, complex project that I didn't know was underway. I hope I can get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please come back, if not for any other reason than to see the artwork by unacknowledged women artists we've missed along the way.

      Delete
  3. Diane, you always fill my inspiration bucket with joy!

    ReplyDelete