Featuring cherita!


May 20, 2009

I've Been Away

for a few days at NH Library Association conference being held in NH's beautiful White Mountains. The conference was fabulous with me learning tons of new things that I'm sure will be a help to me in my research projects. It's going to take me days to wade through the handouts and my notes and then to explore all the websites that were recommended. What fun!

Our luncheon speaker today was a young (anyone longer than 50 I consider young) tech-savvy librarian named John Blyberg. Get a load of his title: Assistant Director for Innovation and User Experience. Wow, I'm impressed. I don't know what it means, but it sounds good. Blyberg is the creator of blyberg.net: A Library-Geek Blog. In his speech, he spoke of many things, but one thing he said resonated with me. It is a simple truth, "knowledge is a personal pursuit."

I hope you engage in your own personal pursuit each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment